About Rhyl Steam Preservation Trust
LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
Charity Registration No: 1103953
Operational Address: Central Station, Marine Lake, Wellington Road, Rhyl LL18 1AQ
Administrative Office: 10 Cilnant, Mold, Flintshire, CH7 1GG
Trustees: Leslie Hughes (Chairman}, Simon T Townsend LLB (Secretary), Carol Hughes, Justin D Bell, Lucille Green, Louise Webster.
Independent Examiners: Duncan Sheard Glass, 43 Castle Street, Liverpool L2 9TL
Bankers: Lloyds Bank, 22 Mostyn Street, Llandudno, Gwynedd, LL30 2RU
STRUCTURE, GOVERNANCE AND MANAGEMENT
- The Trust’s governing document is its Trust Deed dated 18th July 2000.
- Charitable status was granted on 26th May 2004.
- Accredited Museum status was granted in September 2010, Accredited Museum no 2263.
- Trustees with appropriate skills are appointed by the existing Trustee body. Trustees reaffirm annually that they wish to continue to hold office. Where no reaffirmation is received this is taken to mean that they wish to resign.
The Trust’s mission statement is:
To advance education of the public about the history of Rhyl Miniature Railway, through the continued operation of heritage steam trains, and in the context of
- Other similar miniature railways
- Marine Lake fairground and Other local fairgrounds
- Main line railways to Rhyl.
To achieve this through promoting greater access to our collection, that involves adults, children, families and schools of all cultures, genders and abilities.
Central Station, together with its tracks and external works, and most of its contents, are owned by Rhyl Steam Preservation Trust. The building is located on land leased from Denbighshire County Council for a period of thirty years from 8th March 2006.
- The Trust is supported by the Friends of Rhyl Miniature Railway.
- The Trust works in close partnership with its landlord Denbighshire County Council and with Rhyl Town Council.
- The Trust participates in the Marine Lake Users Forum and is a member of Britain’s Great Little Railways.
- The Trust owns a subsidiary trading limited company named Rhyl Miniature Railway Limited.